now manages the bookings for Gins Barn.
Gins Barn – a very glorious slice of up-river, down-town chic, opens its doors to 8 people (+ kids) who want to stop the world and get off.
- Luxury barn conversion sleeps 8 (+ 1 child and 2 cot beds) in 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- Big kitchen and sitting room for family get-togethers
- 1.5 hours from London
- Beaulieu River and sea access from the private jetty
- The Yacht Club next door does good weekend lunches
- Catering and private picnics can be arranged
- Tithe Barn for hire by arrangement – seats 30
- Dogs by arrangement
“A bucolic drive through the New Forest brings you to the water’s edge, the yacht club and Gins Barn, ancient and magnificently beamed. Step inside for chunky oak floors warmed by enormous woollen rugs, a big modern kitchen with all the stuff you need. Serious art, lovely lighting, great sound system and two fat wood-burners belting out the heat at this super place for families or friends.” Read more on Sawdays here.
Gins Barn is tucked in tight where the Beaulieu River joins the Solent. Its an elite address. The Beaulieu River is one of the few privately owned rivers in the world and has been in the ownership of the Montagu family for over four hundred years. The farm is so close to the sea, it’s a sailing landmark. To the south is a private conservation wetland reserve, deep in clouds of chattering migratory birdlife and fields of wild ponies – all silhouetted at champagne-o’clock under big-sky sunsets and towering storms from the English Channel.